from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An unfair or unsporting verbal attack on a vulnerable target.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deliberate, unsportsmanlike, and potentially illegal act of aggression against an opponent.
- n. A remark that unfairly disparages an obvious vulnerability of the target.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an illegal and unsportsmanlike act of unnecessary violence
- n. an unnecessarily aggressive and unfair remark directed at a defenseless person
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.