from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tropical American tree (Annona cherimola) having heart-shaped, edible fruits with green skin and white aromatic flesh.
- n. The fruit of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A subtropical tree, scientific name Annona cherimola, native to mountainous areas of South America
- n. A conical fruit with white flesh from that tree.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small tropical American tree bearing round or oblong fruit
- n. large tropical fruit with leathery skin and soft pulp; related to custard apples
American Spanish, from Quechua chirimuya.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish chirimoya (Wiktionary)