Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fruit of Anona Cherimolia, a native of Peru. It is a heart-shaped fruit, with a scaly exterior and numerous seeds buried in a pulp. It is as much esteemed in the western parts of South America as the custard-apple, to which it bears a strong resemblance, is in the West Indies.
- n. Alternative form of cherimoya.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) A small downy-leaved tree (Anona Cherimolia), with fragrant flowers. It is a native of Peru.
- n. Its delicious fruit, which is succulent, dark purple, and similar to the custard apple of the West Indies.
- French chérimolier. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘cherimoyer’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for cherimoyer.