from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Small leguminous plant (Cicer arietinum) of Asia, Africa, and the south of Europe; the chich; the dwarf pea; the gram.
- n. Its nutritious seed, used in cookery, and especially, when roasted (parched pulse), as food for travelers in the Eastern deserts.
- n. See Chick-pea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The popular name of the plant Cicer arietinum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Asiatic herb cultivated for its short pods with one or two edible seeds
- n. the seed of the chickpea plant
- n. large white roundish Asiatic legume; usually dried
Sorry, no etymologies found.