from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various hawks that prey on or have the reputation of preying on chickens.
- n. Informal A person who favors military force or action to carry out a foreign policy but has never served in the military.
- n. Vulgar Slang A man who seeks out boys or young men as his sexual partners.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the North American hawk species (Cooper's hawk, sharp-shinned hawk and red-tailed hawk), or counterparts elsewhere, mistakenly believed to be pests.
- n. An adult male preferring younger male sexual partners.
- n. An advocate of war or military action who is avoiding personal military service, or avoided it in the past.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nontechnical term for any hawks said to prey on poultry
chicken (in the Old English sense of cycen: young fowl, its aledged primary prey) + hawk (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.