American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various hawks that prey on or have the reputation of preying on chickens.
- n. Informal A person who favors military force or action to carry out a foreign policy but has never served in the military.
- n. Vulgar Slang A man who seeks out boys or young men as his sexual partners.
- n. archaic, zoology Any of the North American hawk species (Cooper's hawk, sharp-shinned hawk and red-tailed hawk), or counterparts elsewhere, mistakenly believed to be pests.
- n. UK, US, gay slang An adult male preferring younger male sexual partners.
- n. pejorative, politics, slang An advocate of war or military action who is avoiding personal military service, or avoided it in the past.
- n. nontechnical term for any hawks said to prey on poultry
- chicken (in the Old English sense of cycen: young fowl, its aledged primary prey) + hawk (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chicken hawk’.
Animals that are described or defined by other animals
Looking for tweets for chicken hawk.