from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb intransitive, idiomatic To make a
contribution; helpin a small way; especially, to payfor a part of something.
- verb intransitive, idiomatic, UK, informal To interrupt a discussion for the purpose of making a comment.
- verb transitive, idiomatic To
- verb intransitive, golf To put a
chipshot in the hole.
- verb intransitive, card games To put into the
potthe amount of chips or money required to continue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb contribute to some cause
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word chip in.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.