from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Characterized by chirping tones: a bird with a chirpy song.
- n. Tending to chirp: a chirpy parakeet.
- n. Cheerful and good-humored: a chirpy radio announcer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In a good mood; happy and energetic.
- adj. Making chirping noises.
- n. An electronic device which uses a piezoelectric transducer to make chirping noise, often designed to be hidden and function as an annoyance
- n. Specifically, a version of the above designed to be thrown for placement. Similar to a throwie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclined to chirp; full of chirping; hence, figuratively, lively; cheerful; talkative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by liveliness and lightheartedness
- adj. (birds or insects) characterized by or tending to chirp
Did anyone before Tarantino deal in chirpy hitmen?
Twenty-four hours later, after what he termed "chirpy Blackburn fans" responded in kind, he decided to quit the social networking site, although the decision is thought to owe more to abuse his outspoken wife, Emma, has received in recent weeks."
He has dubbed the chirpy little hy-line brown chicken "Drumstick" on account of her unexplained extra limbs.
There is a lot of dialogue to sift through, and since the characters just speak a chirpy brand of gibberish, you'll be doing a good bit of reading.
Their chatter forms a kind of chirpy white noise, occasionally interrupted by the distinctive slapping sound of vomit hitting the platform tile.
The prepubescent network hostess, a kind of chirpy pre-teen Palestinian Rachel Maddow introduces Assud to the loyal viewership.
True, the sunglasses he often favours add a modern touch but, at bottom, Swann's the kind of chirpy Englishman familiar from so many classic Second World War movies.
She exuded a kind of chirpy Frontier Hockymom Woman conspiratorial sexiness, letting everyone know this was really all just a charade to appease those hand-wringing, sexist Liberals, but WE know who's really the prettiest, don't we.
Lady Thatcher was 'chirpy' and 'talking about the comprehensive spending review' earlier today, according to her son Mark.
"There is a big dissonance between Amory's kind of chirpy optimism and actual realities on the ground and actual energy trends."
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.