from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A patchy brown or dark brown skin discoloration that usually occurs on a woman's face and may result from hormonal changes, as in pregnancy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. melasma; a cutaneous condition with yellow or yellowish-brown pigmented spots
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cutaneous affection characterized by yellow or yellowish brown pigmented spots.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Literally, greenness; in pathology, a name for a cutaneous affection characterized by patches of a yellow or yellowish-brown color, the pityriasis versicolor, occurring most frequently on the neck, breast, abdomen, and groin. The name is also applied less definitely to a number of brownish discolorations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tan discoloration of a woman's face that is associated with pregnancy or with the use of oral contraceptives
New Latin, from Greek khloasma, greenness, from khloazein, to be green, from khloos, greenish color; see ghel-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Ancient Greek (Wiktionary)