from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A broad-spectrum antibiotic, C22H23ClN2O8, obtained from the soil bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens and used in the treatment of a variety of infections.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A particular tetracycline antibiotic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a yellow crystalline antibacterial antibiotic used to treat certain bacterial and rickettsial diseases. Aureomycin is one common trademark for chlortetracycline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a yellow crystalline antibiotic (trade name Aureomycin) used to treat certain bacterial and rickettsial diseases
Sorry, no etymologies found.
- Oxytetracycline and chlortetracycline are used in the same way as tetracycline.
Useful examples: oxytetracycline or chlortetracycline eye ointments
Canada permits the use of several classes of medications as feed additives for cattle, including beta-antagonists such as ractopamine hydrochloride, which is related to asthma medications used by human beings, and antibiotics such as chlortetracycline hydrochloride, which is related to tetracycline medications that have been commonly used to treat infections in human beings.
Six weeks later, the crops were analyzed and found to absorb chlortetracycline, a drug widely used to treat diseases in livestock.
Major proteins related to chlortetracycline biosynthesis in a Streptomyces aureofaciens production strain studied by quantitative proteomics.
(synthesis of chlortetracycline )  6 Stability General stability information, loss of activity during purification  Storage stability,
 chlortetracycline  iodoacetamide (14% inhibition at 1 mM, irreversible )  oxytetracycline
"chlortetracycline (.044 percent) or sulfadimethoxine-ormetoprim (0. 04-0.08 percent) in the feed" for sick ducks.
Alan J. Svajgr of Darr Feedlots in Cozad, Nebraska is warned about the chlortetracycline and monensin, two antibiotics, he has "adulterated" his cattle feed with "contrary to the New
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.