Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Funnel-shaped; infundibuliform: specifically applied to the choanoideus, a muscle of the eyeball of many animals.
- n. The choanoid muscle, or choanoideus.
- adj. anatomy funnel-shaped; applied particularly to a hollow muscle attached to the eyeball in many reptiles and mammals
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Anat.) Funnel-shaped; -- applied particularly to a hollow muscle attached to the ball of the eye in many reptiles and mammals.
- Ancient Greek χοάνη (khoanē, "funnel") + -oid. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘choanoid’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Words meaning funnel-shaped
Looking for tweets for choanoid.