from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A torture device consisting of a metal body (usually pear-shaped) divided into spoon-like segments that can be spread apart by turning a screw.
- n. A kind of pear with a rough, astringent taste, difficult to swallow.
- n. A sarcasm by which one is put to silence; anything that cannot be answered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A kind of pear that has a rough, astringent taste, and is swallowed with difficulty, or which contracts the mucous membrane of the mouth.
- A sarcasm by which one is put to silence; anything that can not be answered.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.