from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small round granule of extraterrestrial origin found embedded in some meteorites.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small, round granule, formed from molten rock, found in chondritic meteorites
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A peculiar rounded granule of some mineral, usually enstatite or chrysolite, found imbedded more or less abundantly in the mass of many meteoric stones, which are hence called chondrites.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A term proposed as an English equivalent of chondrus, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small granule (of e.g. chrysolite) found in some meteoric rocks
Sorry, no etymologies found.