from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the strings of an instrument.
- adj. Relating to or consisting of a harmonic chord.
- adj. Giving prominence to harmonic rather than contrapuntal structure: chordal music.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. (music) Of, pertaining to, or consisting of chords.
- adj. Having an accompaniment of chords rather than a countermelody.
- adj. Having a notochord; chordate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a chord.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a chord; specifically, of or pertaining to the chorda dorsalis or notochord of a vertebrate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or consisting of or emphasizing chords
Sorry, no etymologies found.