from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lead chromate, PbCrO4, a yellow pigment often combined with lead sulfate, PbSO4, for lighter hues.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A natural yellow pigment derived from lead(II) chromate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a brilliant yellow pigment, PbCrO4, used by painters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A yellow pigment of which there are various shades, from lemon to deep orange, all composed of chromates of lead. Their color is very pure and brilliant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several yellow pigments consisting of normal lead chromate and other lead compounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.