from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Conforming or adhering rigorously to the practices or creeds of a church.
- adj. Of, suitable for, or suggesting a church: "two . . . ladies in churchy hats sipping pale pink drinks” ( Anne Tyler).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. piously Christian
- n. one who is piously Christian
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to a church; unduly fond of church forms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the church or to ecclesiasticism; given to or supporting ecclesiasticism: as, very churchy in tastes or language.
Sorry, no etymologies found.