from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The germinating point in the embryo of a seed.
- n. The point in the yolk of an egg at which development begins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The germinating point in the embryo of a seed; the point in the yolk of an egg at which development begins.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as cicatricula.
- n. In botany: The hilum of a seed.
- n. The scar left by a fallen leaf.
Compare French cicatricule, from Latin cicatricula a small scar, from cicatrix a scar. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.