from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Italian, especially a poet or an artist, of the 16th century.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An Italian of the sixteenth century, esp. a poet or artist.
- n. A student or imitator of the art or literature of the Cinquecento.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A writer or an artist of the sixteenth century; one who imitates the sixteenth-century style. See cinque-cento.
- n. A student of or authority on the period known as the cinque-cento.
Sorry, no etymologies found.