from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who circles, or makes a circular motion.
- n. An inferior or itinerant poet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mean or inferior poet, perhaps from his habit of wandering around as a stroller; an itinerant poet. Also, a name given to the cyclic poets. See under cyclic, a.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who circles or goes around anything.
- n. A cyclic poet. See cyclic and circular, 5.
circle + -er (Wiktionary)