from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To pour or diffuse around; spread.
- transitive v. To surround, as with liquid; suffuse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pour round; to spread round, as a fluid.
- v. To spread round; to surround.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To pour round; to spread round.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pour around; spread about; suffuse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spread something around something
Latin circumfundere, circumfūs- : circum-, circum- + fundere, to pour; see gheu- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)