from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that clamps, especially a spiked plate attached to the sole of a shoe to prevent slipping on ice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which, clamps.
- n. An attachment with sharp metal prongs, attached to a boot or shoe to enable the wearer to walk securely upon ice.
- n. A circuit that restricts the amplitude of a waveform.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument of iron, with sharp prongs, attached to a boot or shoe to enable the wearer to walk securely upon ice; a creeper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contrivance consisting of a frame of iron having sharp prongs on the lower part, fastened to the sole of the shoe or boot, to prevent slipping on the ice. Also called creeper, and in the United States calk.
Let her think she got ya ass hooked on that cock clamper of hers.
Why are adequate clamper mechanism assemblies held in such disdain?
I would not accept that the clamper could exact any unreasonable or exorbitant charge for releasing the car, and the court would be very slow to find implied acceptance of such a charge.
Nor may the clamper justify detention of the car after the owner has indicated willingness to comply with the condition for release: the clamper cannot justify any delay in releasing the car after the owner offers to pay and there must be means for the owner to communicate his offer.
What you don't want are a bunch of tyre-clamper types going around persecuting folk.
The clamper seals the gut during operations and makes it possible for colon-cancer patients to undergo treatment with minimal surgery.
One success story has been the "gut clamper," from metal - and rubber-products manufacturer Ohnosha Co.
Again, in reference to the clamper, that has to do with the idea that the second vehicle was actually towed from the original location where that car was found.
HOLMES: Saved by a drunk, a clamper, and a cop, whatever works.
Meanwhile champion clamper AL Kennedy appears to have undergone an operation.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.