from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to classicism.
- adj. Of or pertaining to classicists.
- adj. Emulating classical rules, conventions, principles, models, or styles; characterised by classicism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to classicism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Conformed to or characterized by classicism: as, the classicistic drama; the classicistic period of architecture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to classicism
Formed as classicist + -ic, perhaps after the German klassizistisch. (Wiktionary)