from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make classic or classical.
- intransitive v. To conform to classic style.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make classic.
- v. To conform to the classic style.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to make classic or classical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render classic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make classic or classical
classic + -ize (Wiktionary)
It was enough for him to classicize the realistic incident.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.