from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A soft or sloppy lump or mass.
- n. Anything put together or made in a careless or slipshod way; hence, a sluttish or slipshod woman.
- v. To daub or smear, as with lime; to make or finish in a slipshod way.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dialectal form of clutch.
- To close up with any adhesive substance.
- To daub with lime.
- n. Anything thrown for the purpose of daubing.
- n. Mire raked together into heaps on streets or roadsides.
- To finish (a piece of work) in a careless and hurried way; botch.
- n. A piece of work done in a careless way; a botch.
- n. A carriage somewhat similar to a gig or chaise.
Sorry, no etymologies found.