from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thin lamina of grey matter in each cerebral hemisphere of the human brain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thin lamina of gray matter in each cerebral hemisphere of the brain of man.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, a thin sheet of gray matter lying between the extraventricular or lenticular portion of the corpus striatum of the brain and the island of Reil. See striatum.
- n. In ichthyology, one of the chain of ossicles or bonelets of the ear, between the vestibule and the airbladder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a layer of grey matter in the brain adjacent to the lenticular nucleus
Latin, a bolt or bar. (Wiktionary)