from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of clerestory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of clerestory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The upper story of the nave of a church, containing windows, and rising above the aisle roofs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The upper story of a church, perforated by a range of windows, which form the principal source of light for the central portions of the building.
- n. The raised part of the roof of a railroad-car, which contains the ventilating windows.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. part of an interior wall rising above the adjacent roof with windows admitting light
Sorry, no etymologies found.