from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A divided or cleft hoof, as in deer or cattle. Also called cloven foot.
- n. Evil or Satan, often depicted as a figure with cleft hooves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A divided hoof, as on bovine animals.
- n. The mark of the Devil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the mark of Satan
- n. a hoof divided into two parts at its distal extremity (as of ruminants or swine)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.