from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A traditional building material mostly made of chalk or clay.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Indurated clay. See bind, n., 3.
- n. One of the hard beds of the lower chalk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the names current in England for a coarse, impure variety of clay, especially for that commonly occurring in the coal-measures.
- Close-grained, as stone or wood.
- Stumpy; squat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hardened clay
Sorry, no etymologies found.