American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A cell in the epidermis of coelenterates in which a nematocyst is developed.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoology, the bud of a thread-cell; a budding thread-cell, from the contents of which a nematocyst is developed.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) One of the cells which, in the Cœlenterata, develop into cnidæ.
- cnido- + -blast (Wiktionary)
- New Latin cnīda, nematocyst (from Latin cnīdē, nettle, from Greek knīdē) + -blast. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cnidoblast’.
Looking for tweets for cnidoblast.