Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Articulation one with another; especially, the articulation of the bones in a joint.
- n. anatomy The formation of a joint by the articulation of two bones
- n. phonology An assimilation of the place of articulation of one speech sound to that of an adjacent speech sound.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) The union or articulation of bones to form a joint.
- co- + articulation (Wiktionary)
“At this point, in some IE dialects, the freely-variant aspiration seems to have become a required coarticulation with the plain-voiced stops.”
“Or perhaps pronounced with a coarticulation that is only possible if you have a Vietnamese uvula.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘coarticulation’.
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
Looking for tweets for coarticulation.