American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or containing cobalt, especially with valence 2.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of cobalt; consisting of or derived from cobalt: specifically applied to compounds in which the cobalt atom appears to be combined as a dyad element.
- adj. chemistry Containing cobalt in oxidation state 2.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Chem.) Pertaining to, derived from, or containing, cobalt; -- said esp. of cobalt compounds in which the metal has its lower valence.
- cobalt + -ous (Wiktionary)
“It also sees through such chemical masking agents as cobaltous thiocyanate, which sophisticated drug dealers mix into cocaine to fool the Scott test.”
Looking for tweets for cobaltous.