from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Genetics Of or relating to two alleles of a gene pair in a heterozygote that are both fully expressed.
- adj. Ecology Being one of two or more of the most characteristic species in a biotic community.
- adj. Influencing the presence and type of other species in the community.
- n. Ecology One of the most characteristic species in a biotic community.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing two or more alleles that are equally dominant.
From co- + dominant. (Wiktionary)