from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Closed while too cold to become thoroughly welded; said of a forging or casting.
- n. An imperfection caused by insufficient welding of this kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Closed while too cold to become thoroughly welded; -- said of a forging or casting.
- n. the imperfection in a casting caused by the flowing of liquid metal upon partially chilled metal; also, the imperfect weld in a forging caused by the inadequate heat of one surface under working.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cold-hammered into shape, and joined without welding: said of the links of a chain so made.
- n. In founding, same as cold-short.
Sorry, no etymologies found.