from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Roman Catholic or Anglican church other than a cathedral, having a chapter of canons and presided over by a dean or provost.
- n. A church in the United States associated with others under a common body of pastors.
- n. An association of such churches.
- n. A church in Scotland served by two or more ministers at the same time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Christian church, other than a cathedral, that has a chapter of canons and a dean or provost.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. An association of churches, possessing common revenues and administered under the joint pastorate of several ministers
Sorry, no etymologies found.