from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of colour.
- n. The national flag flown by a ship at sea.
- n. The British military ceremony of raising the flag.
- n. The balls that score more than one point in snooker. Yellow, green, brown, blue, pink, and black.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. same as colors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a flag that shows its nationality
- n. a distinguishing emblem
Sorry, no etymologies found.
By mixing _colours with colours_, he produces compound colours, or _hues_.
Certainly, Theotimus, beauty is without effect, unprofitable and dead, if light and splendour do not make it lively and effective, whence we term colours lively when they have light and lustre.
I bought two short sleeve summer shirts in colours that matched the socks.
The natural elements enter the residence, changing gradually in colours and being filtered at the top of her volume.
The clothed altar with its beauty and changing colours is a symbol of the Mystical Body -- the whole Christ, Christ united with all his saints -- it translates this doctrine into the language of colour and form.
They invariably come in colours that look like somebody mopped up the floor of the dye room with them.
- Mixing colours is fun, but makes it hard to get the same colour everywhere.
As to red invading green, I grew up in Mayo, whose county flag looks like this, so the clash of these colours is too familiar to trouble me.
Posted February 18, 2009 at 11: 00 am | Permalink im an interior designer from south india would like to know wat are the in colours for corporate offices this year
These skills are too many to count, and they came about as humans migrated ‘left’ and ‘right’; as well, epithelial pigmentation (skin colours) changed and exposed human beings to new levels of the absorbsion of solar radiation, too!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.