from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Niobium. No longer in scientific use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A former name of niobium/
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rare element of the vanadium group, first found in a variety of the mineral columbite occurring in Connecticut, probably at Haddam. Atomic weight 94.2. Symbol Cb or Nb. Now more commonly called niobium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as niobium.
- n. In chem., a supposed new element announced in 1879 by J. L. Smith as present in the mineral samarskite: its existence has not been confirmed. Distinct from the previously known element columbium or niobium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a former name for niobium
After Columbia2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)