from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mathematics A quantity into which all the denominators of a set of fractions may be divided without a remainder.
- n. A commonly shared theme or trait.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any integer that is a common multiple of the denominators of two or more fractions
- n. A trait or attribute that is shared by all members of some category
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a number which can divide either of two or more other numbers without leaving a remainder in any of the divisions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an integer that is a common multiple of the denominators of two or more fractions
- n. an attribute that is common to all members of a category
Sorry, no etymologies found.