from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A faculty lounge in a college or university.
- n. A lounge for use by all members of a residential institution or community.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shared lounge found in dormitories, universities, military bases, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a room, usually at a school or university, set aside for the common use of everyone. It usually has comfortable chairs for reading or conversation, and some provision for obtaining refreshments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sitting room (usually at school or university)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.