from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A musical meter with four quarter notes to the measure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A meter of four quarter notes per measure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. that variety of time in which the measure consists of two or of four equal portions.
- n. the ordinary time of marching, in which ninety steps, each twenty-eight inches in length, are taken in one minute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a time signature indicating four beats to the bar
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.