from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To convert into communal property.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To take property into communal ownership
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render communal; to convert into municipal property, as water-works, street railroads, etc.
- To convert to a belief in communal ownership and initiative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make something the property of the commune or community
Sorry, no etymologies found.