from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of dividing into parts or compartments.
- n. A division or compartment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of dividing into parts or compartments; division; also, a division or compartment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of dividing into parts; specifically, in architecture, the division or disposition of the whole ground-plan of an edifice into its various apartments.
- n. A division; the part divided; a separate part.
Latin compartitio. (Wiktionary)