from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Marked by or having a particular facial complexion. Often used in combination: "A white-haired and ruddy-complected priest stood on the deck of one of the trawlers” ( New York Times).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of complect.
- adj. (in combination) Having a specified complexion; complexioned
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Complexioned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Woven together; interwoven.
- Of a certain complexion; complexioned: usually in composition: as, light-complected.
Of course she has very curly hair and I am whiter 'complected' than she is, not that that makes any difference, it is just the people who were really nasty to me were mostly white - like me.
Would the commenters above be so quick to dismiss the actions of the officer if the protagonist had been more darkly complected?
But those dark complected fans are frequently identified as the mother/father of one of the players.
But marriage to a very light-complected African-American, would've seemed to her, a step up in the world.
He was raven haired, pale complected and much younger than Bob.
And if you are the darker-complected member of the family it sure feels like discrimination! sergiogomez
As I sit here 6a, playing a round of 8a on my 8d and having my 3rd dram of highlands 11a, I sense that I should 12d myself into 15a, perhaps 10a an 18a encounter with my 13a-complected 19a spouse.
Again it's funny how ammending the constitution only comes up as people from countries not generally "white complected" start to immigate here...
I wonder if they had the same story of a "white" complected with kid, still out of south LA, would those comments have been written.
Again it's funny how amending the constitution only comes up as people from countries not generally "white complected" start to immigate here...
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.