from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The replacement of a set by its complement
- n. The interaction between two genetic units such that an organism can function normally if either one is defective
- n. The relationship of a phrase to its predicate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the grammatical relation of a word or phrase to a predicate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (linguistics) a distribution of related speech sounds or forms in such a way that they only appear in different contexts
- n. the grammatical relation of a word or phrase to a predicate
Sorry, no etymologies found.