American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of sound mind; sane.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of sound mind. See non compos mentis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Law) Sane in mind; being of sound mind, memory, and understanding.
- adj. of sound mind, memory, and understanding; in law, competent to go to trial
- Latin (Wiktionary)
- Latin : compos, having mastery of + mentis, genitive of mēns, mind. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘compos mentis’.
Latin you didn't learn in college.
words/phrases/sayings from latin
Looking for tweets for compos mentis.