from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An agricultural system of letting land in small patches or strips, usually for tillage.
- n. A strip of land that is let under this system.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To underlet a portion of, for a single crop; -- said of a farm.
- n. A system of letting a portion of a farm for a single crop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Ireland, a form of peasant occupancy arising from grants of the use of land in whole or part payment of wages. It is nearly obsolete.
- To let land on the conacre system.
Corruption of corn-acre. (Wiktionary)