from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a belief in the importance of full and unambiguous assent to the whole of a religious teaching.
- n. a style of American poetry that drew on the personal history of the poet
- n. a system of government that proportionally distributes political and institutional power among religious and ethnic communities.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An exaggerated estimate of the importance of giving full assent to any particular formula of the Christian faith.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Devotion to the maintenance of a creed or church confession; the tendency to construct confessions or creeds.
Sorry, no etymologies found.