from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who lives on or within the confines; an inhabitant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, limits or restrains.
- n. One who lives on confines, or near the border of a country; a borderer; a near neighbor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which confines.
- n. 2 (kon′ fī- or kon-fi′ nėr). [⟨ confine, v.i., + -er. Cf. confine, n, 4.] A borderer; one who lives on the confines or near the border of a country; a neighbor.
Sorry, no etymologies found.