from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. It is clearly evident; It is certain, without a doubt.
- n. A certificate for a court discharge.
- n. An exemplification under seal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A certificate showing what appears upon record touching a matter in question.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In England: A certificate given by the auditors of the Exchequer to a person who intends to plead or move for a discharge of anything in that court. The effect of it is to certify what appears upon the record respecting the matter in question.
- n. An exemplification under the great seal of the enrolment of letters patent.
Latin cōnstat (Wiktionary)