from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. It is clearly evident; It is certain, without a doubt.
- n. A certificate for a court discharge.
- n. An exemplification under seal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A certificate showing what appears upon record touching a matter in question.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In England: A certificate given by the auditors of the Exchequer to a person who intends to plead or move for a discharge of anything in that court. The effect of it is to certify what appears upon the record respecting the matter in question.
- n. An exemplification under the great seal of the enrolment of letters patent.
Through the constat look out and acceptance/denial cycle we fall into we are always looking for some sort of “greater” happiness - the idea of happiness is humans worst kind of drug.
« Ce constat confirme la situation dénoncée par l'ex-premier ministre du Québec, Jacques Parizeau, en septembre dernier.
Spiritu Sancto cecinit repletus, in Dei factum genitrice constat esse Maria.
Not to mention the movie had some of the most unintimidating villians, some of the worst side characters ever in an Indy movie see helpless blonde woman that never serves a purpose to the story outside of bitching and needing saved ever second and the constat abominations like the beginning of the movie that came in like Indiana jones the musical.
I'm not sure why they think it was Richard Hunne's copy -- one of the photographs shows a sixteenth-century ownership inscription which appears to read 'Iste liber constat Thome Towne de can't read the last word; looks like 'Haloglyon'', but nothing that obviously connects it with Hunne.
I did exactly the same constat after years in a big advisory group in France.
Ce constat a été à la base de la création de Pompage.net, il y a des années de cela.
Nam si ovium lacte hoedi, aut caprarum agni alerentur, constat fieri in his lanam duriorem, in illis capillum gigni severiorem.
Totus hic ignis Zelotypia constat, &c. maxime amores inde nascuntur.
Ex quibus constat nec diversa aeris et aetheris diaphana esse, nec refractiones aliunde quam a crasso aere causari — Non dura aut impervia, sed liquida, subtilis, motuique Planetarium facile cedens.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.