from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be consumed: consumable energy.
- adj. That may be depleted or worn out by use: consumable paper products.
- n. A consumable good or service: supplies of food, fuel, spare parts, and other consumables.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That is consumed or depleted upon use.
- adj. That may be eaten.
- n. A material or product that is produced for consumption.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being consumed; that may be destroyed, dissipated, wasted, or spent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being consumed, dissipated, or destroyed; destructible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. may be used up
Sorry, no etymologies found.