from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variants of contredanse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of contra dance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dance in which the partners are arranged face to face, or in opposite lines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dance by four couples placed opposite each other and making the same steps and figures. See country-dance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. perform a contradance
- n. a type of folk dance in which couples are arranged in sets or face one another in a line
Sorry, no etymologies found.