from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a contrary manner; in opposite ways or directions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a contrary manner; in opposition; on the other side; in opposite ways.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a contrary manner; in opposition; antagonistically; in opposite ways; on the other hand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. contrary to expectations
- adv. in a contrary disobedient manner
contrary + -ly (Wiktionary)